I am a General Surgeon with a passion for Health and Wellness. As I watch what is going on in our country I am beginning to believe that we are becoming a 芒鈧揷redit card芒鈧?society; we get what we want now and are willing to pay for it later. We desire immediate gratification. That does not work with our health. The media suggests to us that we can lose large amounts of weight or get a 芒鈧搒ix-pack芒鈧?abdomen in a six-eight week time frame. That is impossible and the media knows it because Green Bay Packers Women's Jersey , if you look at the advertisements, their disclaimer will say 芒鈧揜esults not typical.芒鈧? They are interested in the 芒鈧揻ast buck芒鈧?and they don芒鈧劉t care that it sets us up for failure with unrealistic promises. If we don芒鈧劉t achieve it we feel we are to blame and quit. We take these kinds of external influences into consideration when it comes to our health and look for those 芒鈧搃mmediate芒鈧?results. Becoming 芒鈧揌ealthy芒鈧?is not an overnight miracle; it is a process just like learning how to walk is a process. You could not cheat this process or find any shortcuts. You cannot take a seed and grow it to harvest in three days. You cannot change or cheat the 芒鈧揚rocess芒鈧?of nature. As you read this you are, either, becoming healthy or unhealthy. You cannot stand still. It is just like if you were standing on a staircase; you either go up or down Detroit Lions Women's Jersey , but cannot stay on the same step forever. The question becomes 芒鈧揇o you want to get Healthy?芒鈧? You, first of all, need to know your reasons why you do. Some of us just need to look at our medical history and there are a plethora of reasons there. We, as a nation Denver Broncos Women's Jersey , are beginning to lead the world in obesity and diabetes. It is getting to epidemic proportions, especially in our youth. Becoming healthy can reverse many of these trends. Once you know your reasons, you need to make some commitments to your cause. We, as human beings Dallas Cowboys Women's Jersey , are good at making commitments, but, for the majority, do very poorly in completing them. Just look at 芒鈧揘ew Years Resolutions.芒鈧? We also tend to react to crisis faster than the subtle hints that we get everyday. We decide to improve our health after the heart attack instead of doing things to help prevent it.There are two phrases to keep in mind as you consider this content. 芒鈧揟he definition of insanity is doing the same thing everyday expecting different results.芒鈧? We all are guilty of that in all aspects of our lives Cleveland Browns Women's Jersey , not just our health. We feel that we can change our results with our old habits and actions but if you continue to do what you have always done, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. The other phrase is: 芒鈧揑f you want to make some changes in your life, you have to make some changes in your life.芒鈧? Change is often uncomfortable because we are so secure in our comfort zones, but change is good. It is part of the 芒鈧損rocess芒鈧? We will not make these changes that we need to make to improve our health and lives if the reasons for doing so are not important enough. I am a perfect example of these phrases. I never was one to stay in shape. I was too busy trying to get money for my education and I needed to get good grades to become a physician. I did not pay attention to the health challenges that I was developing as my weight kept going up and my activity tolerance kept going down. I got the subtle hints but did not pay attention to them. Then one day I was informed after a routine CT cardiac scoring that all of my coronaries were significantly calcified. Even then I finally tried getting healthy Cincinnati Bengals Women's Jersey , but, with only a half-hearted attempt. I was too busy trying to survive in the world of increasing malpractice premiums and decreasing reimbursements from HMO芒鈧劉s. I was doing the same thing everyday hoping for different results. I did not get any. I still did nothing for my health. My weight was the highest it had ever been and I still ate with the same habits. Then came the financial crisis. I pretty much was going out of business in my practice. I had to do something. I was made an offer from out of state that I would have been a fool to refuse. I kept hearing the phrase; if you want to make some changes in your life you have to make some changes in your life. I accepted the position and moved. While I was starting all over again in my profession I said to myself that it was now also the time to start making some changes in my health. I started going to the gym and got myself a personal trainer. I have since lost many inches, and my weight is gradually coming down. I have also found out that I have the Metabolic Syndrome and have changed my eating habits and my lipid profile continues to improve. I was on the road to destruction; luckily I changed my path. So with all of this as background, how does one get started? Stated very simply Chicago Bears Women's Jersey , take the first step: make the decision to start the journey. That is how every journey begins. Make some commitments; develop new habits. You do that every day of your life for your job or profession because you want the result at the end of the week, a paycheck. What about another result? Your good health. One caution: Don芒鈧劉t do it alone. Find yourself a mentor, someone who has done what you want to do and is very successful at it. In the area of health it may be your doctor, a personal trainer Carolina Panthers Women's Jersey , a nutritionist, etc. Find someone with the fruit on the tree and follow their direction and advice. You will pay a golf pro to improve your game. Find a pro in health. Finally, set some goals and go after them. Let your mentor guide you in the process initially. What are some of the other benefits of becoming healthy? Aside from preventing diseases, some of the direct benefits are as follows:芒鈧?Decreasing hypertension芒鈧?Decreasing hypercholesterolemia Buffalo Bills Women's Jersey , and hypertriglyceridemia芒鈧?Increasing the release of endorphins, the natural 芒鈧揻eel-good芒鈧?chemical芒鈧?Increasing your HDL and lowering your LDL芒鈧?De. Custom Soccer Jerseys Cheap   Football Jerseys Cheap   Basketball Jerseys Online   NHL Jerseys Free Shipping   Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap   College Jerseys Cheap   NHL Jerseys From China   Jerseys China   MLB Baseball Jerseys Cheap   NHL Hockey Jerseys Cheap